The Planning Division implements the goals and policies of the community, as set forth in the City of Leavenworth Comprehensive Plan and Leavenworth Municipal Code.
This division also reviews proposed developments for consistency with the City’s standards and policies relating to land use and preservation of the environment to ensure the quality of life will be maintained or enhanced for future generations.
This division administers a variety of regulations relating to the physical development of the community and is responsible for long range community planning.
Some projects include an option for public comment. Public comment is encouraged to be provided in writing, as detailed in the official project notice. Please note that comments, posts, and messages made on the City of Leavenworth’s social media channels will not be incorporated into the official record. To ensure your comments are part of the official record, please follow the process as stated in the public notice. Thank you.
Examples of Planning Division Responsibilities:
- Answering zoning/land use questions
- Reviewing plans submitted for building and development permits for compliance with the municipal code
- Reviewing land use applications such as subdivisions, conditional use permits, variances, shoreline permits and design review permits
- Conducting environmental (SEPA) reviews
- Providing public information regarding city planning, census data analysis, and economic development
- Preparing updates/amendments to city planning documents (e.g. Comprehensive Plan, Shoreline Master Program, Leavenworth Municipal Code, and city zoning map)
Submitting a Land Use Application:
Land use permit applications shall be submitted electronically through the City’s online permit portal. Some application types require a pre-application meeting prior to submittal. Please contact city staff if you have questions regarding your permit application.
Quick Links to Current Projects:
If you are looking for a specific document, application, or form, try searching here: