Leavenworth Shoreline Master Program Periodic Update 2021
The City of Leavenworth is updating the 2012 Shoreline Master Program, as required by the Washington State Shoreline Management Act (SMA), RCW 90.58.080(4). The review ensures the Shoreline Master Program stays current with changes in laws and rules, remains consistent with other City plans and regulations, and is responsive to changed circumstances, new information and improved data. Additionally, the City will consider ways to streamline the regulations and permit processes.
The Shoreline Master Program is both a comprehensive plan element and a regulating document for the lands within 200 feet of the ordinary high-water mark or associated floodplain, known as the shoreline jurisdiction. For the City of Leavenworth, that covers lands from the Golf Course, downstream to the KOA campgrounds. The shoreline jurisdiction is managed by both the City and Department of Ecology. This governing partnership includes an optional joint planning and updating process, which is being used for this update.
- August 10, 2021 at 6:30 – City Council Hearing – Online via Zoom Meeting
- July 7, 2021 at 7:00 pm – Leavenworth Planning Commission Hearing – Online via Zoom Meeting.
- June 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm – Leavenworth Planning Commission Joint Local/State Public Hearing – online via Zoom Meeting.
The following documents have been created through the planning process:
- Ordinance 1634 – Adoption of Amendments to the SMP (Final adoption pending DOE approval)
- Staff Report for SMP Update (for 07.07.21 Hearing)
- Summary of Proposed SMP Amendments
- Department of Ecology Periodic Review Checklist
- DOE – Additional Amendments Checklist
- Public Participation Plan
- Draft Updates to the Leavenworth Shoreline Master Program
- Draft Updates to Appendix B – Critical Areas
- Final Shoreline Master Program (SMP)
To request a hard copy of the documents, please contact Lilith Vespier at 509.548.5275 or [email protected]. Copies will either be mailed to the requestor, or made available for pickup at City Hall, 700 US Hwy 2, Leavenworth, WA, 98826.