The City of Leavenworth invites interested parties to apply for event permits for October 2022.
Historically, October has been reserved for Oktoberfest. The City is seeking a new style of partnership with an entity that will conceptualize, plan, prepare, execute, evaluate and replicate a marquee event to promote the City, showcase local businesses, respect community character, celebrate inclusion, and balance the needs of visitors and residents in October.
The City of Leavenworth encourages private, public, non profit entities and individuals (those we’ve partnered with before, and those we’ve not yet partnered with) to submit permit requests for October events that will take place beginning October 2022. Availability of public streets, sidewalks and public venues is in high demand in October. Permit requests will be considered only once per year.
The Fall Event will be designed around families and will showcase local industries. The leadership of the Fall Event shall represent the values of the City of Leavenworth including: Inclusion, Respect, Accountability, Self-Sufficiency.
1. Successful concepts will adhere to the following minimum conditions:
- Off site parking to mitigate illegal parking in residential areas
- Traffic management
- Public safety resources
- Sanitation resources
- Medical care
2. Successful concepts will be limited by the following parameters:
- Family friendly hours and activities
- Event may take place up to three weekends during October including weekdays
- Event blueprint may take up to two City blocks
- Parking lot use may be considered as part of a strong community equity package
- Event blueprint may include multiple sites throughout the City
3. Successful concepts will include community equity bundles that include:
- Jobs that pay wages above minimum wage
- Profit share models where the City receives a portion of proceeds
- Benefits to school and recreational entities within the City
- Clean up and maintenance plan
Important Dates for October 2022 Permit Requests:
- Permit Requests begin – June 2, 2021
- DEADLINE for applications – August 3, 2021, 12:00pm (noon)
Link to online application: https://bit.ly/3cgOaO9
Any questions? Please email us at [email protected].