Mayor Carl J. Florea
Mayor Florea’s Email
(509) 548-5275 Ext. 125
Community Letters from the Mayor
Sign up for Mayor’s Messages
If you would like to receive the Mayor’s message by email, please send your request to Executive Assistant Sue Cragun
City of Leavenworth Mission Statement:
The City of Leavenworth is a community of creative people dedicated, as partners, to effectively serving the diverse needs of City residents, business interests, visitors, and our upper Valley neighbors.
Mayor Carl J. Florea was elected Mayor of the City of Leavenworth in November 2019 and was sworn into Office on December 31, 2019. He brings a wealth of community involvement and engagement to the Office of Mayor:
- Served on the Cascade School District Board of Directors from 1987-1991.
- Served on the Leavenworth Planning Commission from 1996-1998.
- Co-chair of WA Food Coalition, a statewide network of emergency food bank and feeding programs 1997-1998.
- Served on the WA State Advisory Board for the State’s Emergency Food Assistance Program 1996-2000.
- Served on the Leavenworth City Council from 1998-2003 and again from 2005-2007.
- Founding board member of the Northwest Community Land Trust Coalition 2005-2009.
- Served on the Board for the Housing Authority of Chelan County and the City of Wenatchee, Link Transit (Chair in 2001/2002), and currently serving on the board of Upper Valley Connection.
- Charter member and founding president of the Bavarian Village Kiwanis Club.
Feel free to contact me at any time with community concerns. I want to hear your input.