The Chelan County Moderate Risk Waste Facility re-opens Thursday, May 7, 2020 to the public.
The facility was temporarily closed in March when Chelan County Public Works put COVID-19 precautions in place.
Located at 3612 Highway 97A, the facility’s regular hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday through Saturday. It is open to only Chelan County residents.
People who have COVID-19 symptoms should not visit the facility. The public is also reminded to follow facility guidelines when dropping off household hazardous waste.
BEFORE you arrive at the facility:
- Don’t mix products.
- Keep products in original containers when possible. Label products not in original containers.
- Secure products so they don’t tip over or leak.
- Containers should be non-leaking and of 5 gallons or less in size.
- Transport similar products upright in cardboard boxes for safe, easy unloading.
When you ARRIVE at the MRWF:
- Pull forward under the canopy.
- Have your ID ready, showing you are a Chelan County resident.
- Stay in your vehicle during unloading.
A list of acceptable household hazardous wastes taken at the facility are online at: https://www.co.chelan.wa.us/solid-waste-management/pages/household-hazardous-wastes
PIO/Special Projects Coordinator
Chelan County Public Works
Follow Chelan County Public Works on Facebook.