We’re Hiring a Senior Planner
How to Apply
- Required Application Documents
- Job Application (download here)
- Cover Letter stating why you are interested in the position (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Resume including recent positions and list of qualifications (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Three (3) Ways to Submit:
- Position will remain open until filled; first review of applications on December 15, 2023
Any questions? Give us a call at City Hall (509) 548-5275.
Job Description Overview
CITY OF LEAVENWORTH
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR PLANNER
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Supervises the work of the Associate Planner
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, non-exempt, union position
SALARY RANGE: $6,099 – $8,173 per month
BENEFITS: Year-round benefits, including medical/dental/vision insurance, HRA, comp/overtime, vacation/sick/holiday time, and retirement package
The Senior Planner position is distinguished from Assistant and Associate Planner by the level of complexity of work including project management, level of expertise exercised in completing assignments, lead worker responsibilities, and independence required to complete projects. This position will train and evaluate assigned staff and serve as the manager-in-charge for the Department when the Community Development Director is absent for a length of time. The daily workload is normally performed independently in accordance with established procedures and laws but will include situations requiring personal judgment and decision-making. The Community Development Director is available to advise and assist.
For more information about the job and requirements, please see the full job description below.