We’re Hiring a Full-Time Permit Technician
How to Apply
- Required Application Documents
- Job Application (download here)
- Cover Letter stating why you are interested in the position (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Resume including recent positions and list of qualifications (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Three (3) Ways to Submit:
- Position will remain open until filled; first review of applications on January 15, 2023
Any questions? Give us a call at City Hall (509) 548-5275.
Job Description Overview
CITY OF LEAVENWORTH
POSITION TITLE: PERMIT TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt, union
SALARY RANGE: $4,831-$5,440 per month; 6 month probationary period.
The Permit Technician performs technical permit in-take and processing in support of the City’s Community Development Division. This position performs a variety of technical and administrative tasks to expedite the processing and issuance of complex and routine permits. Incumbents accept, review, route, and issue permit applications for routine projects as well as large commercial projects. Incumbents utilize the permit application and tracking database, review applications for accuracy and completeness, determine permit fees, route plans for approval, and monitor and coordinate the processing and issuing of the City’s building and land use permits in compliance with City policy and procedure. Duties include responding to inquiries about the permit application process, applicable codes, and inspection requirements. This position has continual contact with the public and interdepartmental stakeholders and works under pressure to meet deadlines.
For more information about the job and requirements, please see the full job description below.