We’re Hiring a Full-Time Mechanic
How to Apply
- Required Application Documents
- Job Application (download here)
- Cover Letter stating why you are interested in the position (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Resume including recent positions and list of qualifications (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Three (3) Ways to Submit:
- Position will remain open until filled; first review of applications on October 7, 2022
Any questions? Give us a call at City Hall (509) 548-5275.
Job Description Overview
CITY OF LEAVENWORTH
POSITION TITLE: MECHANIC
REPORTS TO: PUBLIC WORKS FIELD SUPERVISOR
DEPARTMENT: PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT – UTILITY DIVISION
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
FLSA STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt
SALARY RANGE: $4,777 – 5,380 per month; 6 month probationary/trial period
The mechanic has day-to-day responsibility to perform maintenance and repair functions on all fleet and equipment components, including gasoline and diesel engines, electric motors, and specialized maintenance equipment in the mechanic shop and in the field as necessary. Repairs vary and include major repair to engines, transmission, brake, hydraulic and other key systems. Incumbents perform preventive maintenance and are responsible for repair and replacement of parts and fluids and may be required to fabricate specialized equipment and tools. Under the direction of a supervisor, this position may serve as a lead on specific job tasks.
For more information about the job and requirements, please see the full job description below.