Building and Code Inspector
First Application Review
Monday, January 3, 2022; position is open until filled.
How to Apply
- Required Application Documents
- Job Application (download here)
- Cover Letter stating why you are interested in the position (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Resume including recent positions and list of qualifications (in Microsoft Word or pdf format)
- Three (3) Ways to Submit:
Any questions? Give us a call at City Hall (509) 548-5275.
Job Description Overview
CITY OF LEAVENWORTH
POSITION TITLE: BUILDING AND CODE INSPECTOR
REPORTS TO: BUILDING OFFICIAL
DEPARTMENT: DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: NONE
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT, UNION POSITION
SALARY RANGE: $5,142 – $5,622/MONTH (BASED ON STEP INCREASES OVER TIME)
This position works within the Development Services Department coordinating workflow and work assignment with the Building Official under the supervision of the Development Services Manager. General duties include the following tasks:
- Reviews and approves building, plumbing, mechanical, fire-life safety, stormwater, grading, and other plans;
- Inspects residential and commercial construction projects in the process of construction, alteration, reuse, or repair for compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and sound construction practices;
- Enforces regulations relating to the safety, health, and welfare of the public;
- Assists the public with various processes and questions relating to regulations, permits, and associated activities; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more information about the job and requirements, please see the full job description below.