Leavenworth Shoreline Master Program Periodic Update 2021
The City of Leavenworth is updating the 2012 Shoreline Master Program, as required by the Washington State Shoreline Management Act (SMA), RCW 90.58.080(4). The review ensures the Shoreline Master Program stays current with changes in laws and rules, remains consistent with other City plans and regulations, and is responsive to changed circumstances, new information and improved data. Additionally, the City will consider ways to streamline the regulations and permit processes.
The Shoreline Master Program is both a comprehensive plan element and a regulating document for the lands within 200 feet of the ordinary high-water mark or associated floodplain, known as the shoreline jurisdiction. For the City of Leavenworth, that covers lands from the Golf Course, downstream to the KOA campgrounds. The shoreline jurisdiction is managed by both the City and Department of Ecology. This governing partnership includes an optional joint planning and updating process, which is being used for this update.
How you can participate?
The public is encouraged to participate in the periodic update by sharing comments, reviewing changes, and attending meetings.
Get on the email notification list
Development Services is dedicated to providing communication about planning activities. Please sign up for email notifications by sending your name and email address to [email protected]. It will be helpful if you indicate “SMP” in the subject line. Once you are on the notification list, we will send you meeting notices and project updates.
- July 7, 2021 at 7:00 pm – Leavenworth Planning Commission Hearing – Online via Zoom Meeting. Join the meeting by one of the following:
- By selecting the web link https://zoom.us/j/99929491100?pwd=b1ZqSUtLNGR3STd1TmNHWndCcDFaQT09
- By visiting the Zoom App or website and selecting Meeting ID: 999 2949 1100, Passcode: 225225
- By phone 220.127.116.1182
- June 2, 2021 at 7:00 pm – Leavenworth Planning Commission Joint Local/State Public Hearing – online via Zoom Meeting.
The following documents have been created through the planning process:
- Staff Report for SMP Update (for 07.07.21 Hearing)
- Summary of Proposed SMP Amendments
- Department of Ecology Periodic Review Checklist
- DOE – Additional Amendments Checklist
- Public Participation Plan
- Draft Updates to the Leavenworth Shoreline Master Program
- Draft Updates to Appendix B – Critical Areas
To request a hard copy of the proposed documents, please contact Lilith Vespier at 509.548.5275 or [email protected]. Copies will either be mailed to the requestor, or made available for pickup at City Hall, 700 US Hwy 2, Leavenworth, WA, 98826.
The official comment period under the Shoreline Management Act will run from May 12 – June 12, 2021, at 5 pm. All comments can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to:
City of Leavenworth Development Services
ATTN: Lilith Vespier, AICP
PO Box 285
Leavenworth, WA 98826
Comments sent to the City will be forwarded to the Department of Ecology at the conclusion of the comment period.