The Planning Division implements the goals and policies of the community, as set forth in the City of Leavenworth Comprehensive Plan and Leavenworth Municipal Code. This division also reviews proposed developments for consistency with the City’s standards and policies relating to land use and preservation of the environment to ensure the quality of life will be maintained or enhanced for future generations.
This division administers a variety of regulations relating to the physical development of the community and is responsible for long range community planning.
Examples of Planning Division Responsibilities:
- Answering zoning/land use questions
- Reviewing plans submitted for building and development permits for compliance with the municipal code
- Reviewing land use applications such as subdivisions, conditional use permits, variances, shoreline permits and design review permits
- Conducting environmental (SEPA) reviews
- Providing public information regarding city planning, census data analysis, and economic development
- Preparing updates/amendments to city planning documents (e.g. Comprehensive Plan, Shoreline Master Program, Leavenworth Municipal Code, and city zoning map)
Submitting a Land Use Application:
Land use permit applications shall be submitted electronically through the City’s online permit portal. Some application types require a pre-application meeting prior to submittal. Please contact city staff if you have questions regarding your permit application.