Applications & Forms
If you are interested in building or development within the city limits, you will likely need one or more permits. Please contact Development Services staff to review your project needs. Those with new or complex projects are encouraged to consider requesting a courtesy Pre-Application Meeting.
Below are helpful links to applications and forms for a variety of developments. If you can’t find the application or form you are looking for, try searing the Document Portal.
- Building Permit Application – Use this application for all commercial and residential building permits (includes building, fire and demo)
- Site Plan Checklist – To assist in the completion of the site plan (a required component of the building permit application)
- Residential Supplemental Information – Additional information to assist in the completion of the residential building permit
- Commercial Supplemental Information – Additional information to assist in the completion of the commercial building permit.
- Fence Permit – Required for all Residential and Commercial fences.
- Residential Plumbing / Mechanical Permit Application – Application for residential only plumbing and mechanical permit
- Residential Re-Roof Permit Application – Application for residential only re-roof permit. Commercial re-roof requires full building permit application, due to additional code requirements.
- Architectural Design Review Permit Application– Use this application for all permits requiring Design Review Board approval (Architectural, Sign, Lighting, Misc.).
- Fill and Grade Permit Application / Supplemental
- Floodplain Development Permit – Required for all proposed development within designated 100 year floodplain.
- Parking Lot Permit – For all permanent parking lots and/or lots associated with a building or use.
- Sign Application – Non Commercial Zones – For non-exempt signs located in residential zones
- Site Development Permit Application – For projects such as subdivision infrastructure development prior to final plat approval.
- Binding Site Plan – For subdivision of land within the commercial or industrial district; division of land for mobile home or RV parks; or condominiumization.
- Boundary Line Adjustment – To adjust or eliminate lot lines between two or more lots.
- Conditional Use Application – To be completed for those uses listed as Conditional in the LMC.
- SEPA Checklist – Environmental review form from WA State Department of Ecology (Check with City staff to determine if SEPA applies to your project).
- Shoreline Substantial Development Permit (JARPA) – Form available through WA Governor’s Office for Regulatory Innovation & Assistance. Complete this form for all shoreline permitting (substantial development, conditional use and exemption) and include supporting documents.
- Subdivision Application – For subdivision of land into 2-9 lots (short subdivision) or 10+ lots (major subdivision).
- Variance Application – To vary from applicable code requirements of the LMC, which create undue or unnecessary hardship.
Long-range Planning Applications, including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Request – Includes Area Wide Amendment, Capital Facilities Amendment, Emergency Amendment, Map Amendment & Urban Growth Area Amendment
Business & Miscellaneous Applications:
- City of Leavenworth Business License (Annual) – Permitted through Department of Revenue as an endorsement to state license
- Business License – Temporary – Available through City Hall for 1-4 months.
- Domestic Animal Permit – For keeping of rabbits, hares, hens, ducks, geese, pigeons or any other domestic fowl.
- Home Occupation (Group A & B) Permit Application – Required for all home occupations within the residential zones of the city.
- Special Use Application – Includes motorized/non-motorized vehicle for hire, sidewalk seating, etc.
Public Works Applications:
- Application for Sewer Connection – For new sewer connection or service upgrade.
- Application for Water Connection – For new water connection of service upgrade
- Permit to Perform Work in City Street Right-of-Way – Includes street/sidewalk closures, curb cuts, sidewalk/driveway installation, etc. A traffic control plan may be required. Contact the Public Works Department for additional information.
- Street and Alley Vacation Request – For full or partial street and/or alley vacation.