The design of the Front Street Park Restroom and Stairway Expansion project is nearing completion. Construction is anticipated to begin in Spring 2024 and construction is anticipated to be completed in early 2025. A more specific timeline will be provided once a contractor is under contract.
Generally, the project consists of the following:
- Switching the locations of the male and female restrooms
- Expanding the female restroom to have 7 stalls and 5 sinks
- Add a family/gender-neutral single stall restroom
- Reconstructing covered concrete stairs between Front St and US 2
- Covering the area above the restroom
This construction project is anticipated to cause temporary disruptions to nearby businesses. Anticipated disruptions include but are not necessarily limited to noise, dust, and changes to pedestrian or vehicle traffic flows. Access will be maintained to all businesses during the project and with the existing stairway between US 2 and Front Street closed, the City will provide signage to route pedestrians to 9th Street between US 2 and Front Street.