Planning Commission Public Hearing
The Planning Commission will hold four public hearings online via Zoom. If you do not have computer access, please contact City Hall for special accommodations. Each hearing item will include time for public testimony on amendments to the City of Leavenworth Comprehensive Plan and zoning codes. The hearings will cover:
- Leavenworth Comprehensive Plan – changes throughout the document and appendices, including goals and policies, creation of a new Residential Low Density 8,000 designation (removing Residential Low Density 12,000 and 10,000), changing a portion of the Osborn School site from RL-6 designation to Recreation Public (no residential uses), updating the capital improvement plan, updates to the text for clarity and improved ability to read.
- Lot Size Requirements – combining land use designations LMC 18.21 Residential Low Density 12,000 and LMC 18.23 Residential Low Density 10,000 into a new LMC 18.18 Residential Low Density 8,000 designation which would change the minimum lot sizes from 12,000 and 10,000 square feet to 8,000 (respectively).
- Duplex Lot Size Requirements – change the minimum lot size requirement for a duplex from 12,000 square feet to the corresponding zoning district, amending LMC Sections 18.20.060, 18.21.060, 18.23.060, 18. 36.045; and removing 18.52.130, conditional use permit – two-family dwelling units (duplexes).
- Affordable Low-Income Housing Incentives – new LMC Chapter 18.42 to provide incentives for the creation of affordable low-income housing.
Interested citizens are encouraged to comment and/or attend the public hearing. Questions may be directed to Development Services within City Hall, phone 509-548-5275 or email [email protected].
- Staff Report - RL12 & RL10 to R8
- Staff Report - Affordable Housing Incentives
- Staff Report - Duplexes
- Attachment B - Appendices A-E (Clean)
- Attachment C - Staff Report Transportation Element Update with Attachments
- Attachment D - DNS & Checklist
- Staff Report Comp Plan 2021 Update
- Attachment A - Track Changes
- Attachment A.1 - Clean with Transportation
- 2022 DRAFT Planning Commission Docket
- Water/Wastewater Capacity Memo