Waste Management Begins Leavenworth Garbage Service 2/4/2019
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Waste Management begins Leavenworth garbage service February 4, 2019
LEAVENWORTH, Wash. – Jan.11, 2019 – Waste Management will begin providing garbage service to City of Leavenworth residents on Monday, Feb. 4. No action is necessary to begin garbage service. Recycling remains an optional service and no action is necessary for current recycling customers.
Here are some highlights of the new service:
- Residents may choose from three sizes of garbage carts at different prices. Cart sizes are 35, 64 or 96-gallons. No action is necessary if you want to keep your current cart size. Carts currently in use hold 64-gallons and will be billed at the 64-gallon rate. To choose a smaller or larger cart, call Waste Management Customer Service at (877) 466-4668 beginning Friday, Feb. 1.
- Garbage collection will be weekly on Mondays beginning Feb. 4.
- Recycling collection will be every-other-Monday. If you are not signed up for recycling and would like to add this to your account, call Waste Management Customer Service at (877) 466-4668 starting Feb. 1. Every-other-week recycling service is available for residents at an additional fee of $10.98 per month.
- Feb. 11 will be the first day for both garbage and recycling services.
- Bear resistant carts and additional services including bulky waste collection and three-yard containers for small residential cleanups are available at extra cost.
- Special rates are still available for low-income residents, seniors and disabled residents. Contact the City of Leavenworth at (509) 548-5275 or apply in person at Leavenworth City Hall.
The services are part a new contract between the City of Leavenworth and Waste Management. Service for those who live outside city limits will not change. For more information on the changes in Leavenworth, look for a letter arriving the week of Jan. 21 or visit www.wmnorthwest.com.
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive recycling and environmental services across the Pacific Northwest and North America. For communities in North Central Washington, Waste Management collects recycling and garbage, and provides public education about waste reduction and recycling. The company also operates a transfer station and a regional landfill that has earned prestigious certification from the Wildlife Habitat Council. For more information, go to wmnorthwest.com/leavenworth.
Return to Top of Page